Community Archives - Page 8 of 8 - MK College

Community

1. L&Q Place Makers Fund available to local organisations

The L&Q Place Makers Fund is available to local organisations that share L&Q’s commitment to changing lives and enhancing communities. Milton Keynes College deliver the training element of L&Q’s apprenticeships and know from working with them how passionate they are about engaging with local communities. “The Place Makers Fund has always been about enhancing residents’ lives through…

2. An unforgettable year

Is that it already? It’s hard to believe that 2019 has been and almost gone. It’s been a year of incredible milestones both personally and for the College. As I look back on it it’s hard to believe we’ve managed to pack so much in, so I thought I would put together a list of…

3. Working towards a better future through Black History Month

I’m delighted to see that a selection of films made by students from Milton Keynes College which form the centrepiece of a website celebrating this year’s Black History Month (1st – 31st October) have been featured on the website of The Voice, the magazine which describes itself as “committed to celebrating black excellence.” The students have…

4. Why we should all be proud of Pride:MK

By Julie Mills OBE, CEO & Group Principal I look out of my office window at the College and I see the Pride flag flying, and it does my heart good. There is a well-worn path to the College’s door trod by representatives of all manner of good causes and campaigns looking for our support,…