Working for Us
Recruiting multiple roles now
Why work for Milton Keynes College?
At MK College, we are committed to excellence and aim to be the best Further Education College in the country. Our employees are at the heart of our success, and we take pride in offering diverse career opportunities and support to help them achieve their goals. And as one of the largest employers in the area, we are constantly growing and seeking talented individuals like yourself to join us in our mission to achieve greatness.
Milton Keynes College Prison Services
We are also proud to serve as an educational provider for various prisons throughout the United Kingdom. Our program offers offenders the opportunity to improve their education and increase their chances of successful rehabilitation. To continue providing this impactful service, we are looking for passionate individuals to join our team and contribute to our mission of providing quality education. If this sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, please click below.
Benefits of working for MK College
Access to Continued Professional Development, including in-house teacher training, professional qualifications, and a variety of training courses.
High Street Discounts
Enjoy incredible discounts with UNiDAYS and TOTUM, ranging from Eating Out, Shopping, Health and Fitness, Music, Technology, Travel and Entertainment.
Generous Annual Leave
Benefit from generous holiday allowance of 25 to 35 days pro rata per year and bank holidays. It’s the perfect opportunity to relax and create memorable moments.
Little Explorers Nursery
Check out our Little Explorers Nursery, rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted. Open for 51 weeks of the year. It’s the ideal place for your little ones to grow, learn, and explore.
- Access our employee wellbeing platform, providing resources and support.
- Take advantage of our generous pension scheme for a secure future.
- Treat yourself to discounted services at the Graduate Salon, offering professional grooming and beauty treatments.
- Enjoy free parking at our college campus sites.
- Access our 24/7 comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme, offering counselling for you and your family, eldercare support, and referrals for severe illnesses and accidents.
- Find peace of mind with our Death in Service Plan Benefit.
- Parents can benefit from significant tax and NI savings of up to £933 a year through our childcare voucher program.
- Enjoy our flexible working options. (Organise arrangements with your line manager)
The Local Area
- Explore the shopping world at The Centre: MK, a large shopping centre, where you’ll find many high street and designer brands.
- Discover endless fun at the Xscape, offering exciting leisure activities like indoor skiing, climbing, bowling, and a cinema.
- Escape into nature, Milton Keynes is filled with green spaces, parks, and lakes, embracing the “city in the forest” concept.
- Enjoy the convenience of well-planned roads and efficient public transportation, providing easy access to major cities like London.
A great place to work
“I taught at Milton Keynes College several years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. I would love to teach there again once a position becomes available. I like the atmosphere there, it feels welcoming, and I always feel welcome when I go there.”
Why I do what I do
“If you are thinking of working for prison services, I would say do it! If you want a job where the days are always different, there is always something going on, you want a good challenge, and you want to feel the benefits of the rewards. Then it is totally the job for you.”
Productive and Fun
“Assistant managers form communication channels between employees and general management, as well as customers and management. Excellent verbal and written communication skills boost this professional’s ability to convey information effectively.”
The Application Process
1. Explore Our Vacancies
Visit our vacancies page to discover exciting job opportunities. Take your time to review the job descriptions and requirements, making sure they match your skills and goals.
2. Apply online
After finding a role that interests you, complete our online application form and share your relevant experiences, highlighting how they make you an excellent fit for the position.
If your application catches our attention, we’ll invite you for an interview. This is your chance to show us your talents and why you’re the perfect candidate for the job.
4. Next Steps
If you are successful after the interview, we’ll contact you with an outline of the job offer, address any questions, and provide a contract. If you choose to accept the offer, the onboarding process can begin. Please note all offers are subject to satisfactory outcomes of pre-employment checks.
We coordinate a College in the Community Day once a year where we work with a variety of our partners. We also offer our employees the opportunity to book a ‘Day for Good’ volunteering day on full pay.
It is important all applicants are aware that MKCG works strictly to Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) Statutory Guidelines and that we carry out our pre-employment and safeguarding checks scrupulously. Our Safer Recruitment Policy can be found on our Policies and Procedures Page here.