Certificate in Cosmetic Make-up
What will I do?
Theory and practical knowledge covered in the course includes:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Health & safety
- Practical techniques of eyebrow shaping and tinting
- Practical techniques of day, evening looks
- Theory of eyelash, eyebrow and make-up treatments
- Special occasion make-up
- Instruction on make-up application
On completing the course you may be interested in further study in fashion & photographic make-up, manicure & pedicure, nail treatments, Indian head massage or hairdressing courses.
Alternatively, you could set up your own business as a make-up professional or work within the cosmetics industry.
Is it for me?
Are you a professional hairdresser who is looking to offer bridal packages? Perhaps you want to set up your own business as a make-up professional? Are you interested in advising clients, or working in the retail cosmetic industry? You must have a passion for all things make-up and beauty, and have an interest in keeping up with the latest make-up trends.
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is continuous throughout the course. Competence will be tested through practical and oral assessment projects, assignments and written tests.
- Learning is facilitated in salons within The Graduate which have exceptional standards that mirror industry
- Gives you the opportunity to learn how to instruct a client on developing their own make-up techniques
- Covers a broad variety of make-up looks
- Learn how to complete full professional make-up application
- including eye enhancements using varying techniques
- Experienced industry professionals teaching at the highest standards.
As the course includes written tests and course work, students will be expected to demonstrate a good understanding of the English language at interview.