Milton Keynes College Group has been awarded the Armed Forces Covenant Silver Award.
On the 6th of September, Ben Burton from the College Group’s Recruitment Resourcing team attended a ceremony at the Admiralty House in the Historic Dockyards of Portsmouth, in recognition of the Group’s work and to receive the Silver Award in person. The award is a real source of pride for everyone who has worked so hard to put in place measures to support veterans and their families.
The Armed Forces Covenant is a promise that those who serve or have served in the armed forces, and their families, are treated fairly. The College Group has been reviewing how it can support both colleagues who are part of the Armed Forces community over recent years and their families, and have brought in measures including:
- Additional leave for training for Cadet Volunteers and Reservists.
- Champion training to encourage better understanding to support our Armed Forces colleagues.
- Group discussions on how to better support our Armed Forces colleagues.
- Networking with other businesses who have signed the covenant.
- Advertising our roles on specialist Armed Forces job boards for leavers and veterans.
Ben Burton from the Recruitment Resourcing team at MK College Group commented: “It is our honour and privilege have been recognised with this award and to support our Armed Forces family within the College Group. We’ll continue to look for ways to support colleagues who are part of the Armed Forces community – it’s part of helping our people to feel a sense of Belonging, one of our six College values, and a key part of our Fairer Futures strategy.”
For more information about working at MK College Group, visit mkcollege.ac.uk/working-for-us/