Deciding what to do after your GCSEs can be daunting . It’s a decision that can impact your future, shape your personal and professional growth, and determine the path you take in life.
But do not fret! We’re here to offer some guidance with 10 reasons why coming to college may be the best choice for you.
1. Independence and maturity: At college, you’ll address your teachers by their first names and have more freedom in managing your coursework. This new found independence will also teach you valuable time management skills and prepare you for life after college.
2. More free time: College offers a flexible schedule with varying lesson times and free periods. This means you’ll have more free time on your hands. Use this time wisely by allocating it to studying, gaining work experience, enhancing your social life and pursuing your interests.
3. Financial support: While education is free until you reach 19, there are still some costs you may incur, such as textbooks and sports kits. Depending on your circumstances, you may qualify for financial support in the form of a bursary to help with these expenses. Additionally, check out our Free College Meal Scheme and Childcare Scheme to see if you’re eligible for further financial help.
4. Industry-experienced tutors: Our tutors have extensive experience in their respective fields. Learning from professionals who’ve been there and done that will provide you with valuable insights and connections. Take advantage of their wisdom and learn from the best.
5. Real-life environments: We have a fantastic set of facilities that replicate actual working environments. From commercial hair and beauty salons and restaurants to automotive and engineering units, you’ll receive hands-on training using industry-standard equipment. This will give you a leg up when transitioning into your desired industry.
6. Wide range of courses: We offer an extensive selection of full-time and part-time study programmes, A Levels, apprenticeships, and T Levels. With so many options to choose from, you’ll find something that aligns with your interests and aspirations. We offer courses at different levels, allowing you to study at your preferred pace and providing opportunities to progress within the college.
7. Expand your social circle: Starting somewhere new can be intimidating but remember that everyone else is in the same boat. The induction process is an excellent opportunity to meet new people and form lasting friendships. Embrace the chance to connect with like-minded individuals and expand your social circle.
8. Less formality, more professionalism: There’s no need to wear a blazer and tie or address your teachers formally. However, college requires you to take charge of your own time and exhibit a professional attitude. Every lesson matters and dedicating yourself to your chosen course will contribute to your future success.
9. Inclusive student community: Whether you’re interested in joining a sports team, making a positive change within the college, or pursuing new hobbies
, there are countless activities for you to get involved in. Getting involved with these activities not only enhances your college experience but also lets you try new opportunities and helps you build a strong network.
10. Valuable work experience: Employers and universities are looking for students with work experience. College tutors have extensive industry contacts, allowing you to gain valuable exposure to your desired field. Whether it’s working at a local salon, assisting in a production studio, or volunteering with a construction company, these experiences will give you a competitive edge in the job market or when applying for higher education.
Ready to take the next step? Start by browsing our courses and find the subject that excites you. Apply now and secure your place for September. Your future awaits!