WORKING FOR US
Why work for us?
Milton Keynes College’s sole aim is to be the best general Further Education College in the country and deliver the highest quality education to all learners. To be the best, it is essential to have a vision of success and at Milton Keynes College we strive to engrain this in all.
We welcome those who want to learn and improve. We will seek to meet individual needs where appropriate and possible. To meet our aims, we need to have the best possible people working to make it happen, which is where you come in.
Employee Value Proposition
» Transform lives through learning
» Live and breathe our values – respect, innovate, integrity, excellence, inspire
» An employer you can connect with and belong to – our own community, promoting EDI
» Not just a job, but a role you can be proud of, and one that makes a difference for our community – discretionary effort
Reward & Recognition
» Fair and competitive pay within the education sector
» Our contribution makes a difference and is valued
» Generous holiday and pension
» Excellent benefits package including bespoke benefits for MKC staff only
» Encouraging meaningful performance conversations
» Support to develop your career
» Opportunities to learn a wide range of skills
» Ability to attend courses at MKC free of charge
» Focus on personal and leadership development
» Providing a development programme to accelerate the development of talent
» A bespoke and different approach to wellbeing – supporting employees with all wellbeing needs
» JUICE – wellbeing programme free for staff including PT, Zumba, Mindfulness, Boot Camp, Yoga, Healthy Eating and Beauty Treatments
» Providing a flexible approach to create a good work life balance
» Helping you to be the best version of yourself
Providing a flexible approach to create a good work life balance, MK College offers a range of in-house and external benefits with both local and national providers. You can be guaranteed an exciting and rewarding career with added benefits that make working here that little bit special. We have developed a bespoke approach to wellbeing – supporting employees with all wellbeing needs, helping you to be the best version of yourself.
Milton Keynes College is a friendly, supportive and inclusive place to work have a look below at all the benefits we offer our staff:
- Generous holidays ranging from 25 – 35 days pro rata, per annum plus bank holidays
- Amazing discounts with NUS card or Blue Light Card, ranging from Eating Out, Shopping and Fashion, Health and Fitness, Music, Technology, Travel and Entertainment
- Access to an employee wellbeing platform
- Access to a generous pension scheme
- Access to Continued Professional Development, including in-house teacher training, professional qualifications and a variety of training courses
- Discounts at Graduate Salon
- Free parking at College campus sites
- Free 24/7 comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme, including counselling for you and your immediate family, eldercare and referral to serious illness & accident support.
- Death In Service Plan Benefit
- Childcare vouchers where parents can benefit from significant tax and NI savings of up to £933 a year
- Ofsted rated ‘Good’ on-site Little Explorers Nursery, open 51 weeks of the year
- Flexible working options supported (arrangements organised with your line manager)
- With more to discover…
Please note: benefits are subject to change and are non-contractual.
You will also benefit from our commercial centres…
You will receive generous discounts at The Brasserie restaurant and coffee shop, offering a diverse and delicious menu at a fraction of high street costs.Visit website
In need of some TLC? You will receive discounted treatments at our Graduate Salon, offering professional hair and beauty treatments, as well as barbering services.Visit website
Little Explorers Nursery
Your little ones can also benefit from your role with us as we have a nursery on site at our Chaffron Way campus.Visit website