CIM Level 4 Award in Applied Marketing
CIM Level 4 Award in Applied Marketing
What will I do?
In this module, you will learn about the role of marketing in the organisation and the key concepts that underpin the activities of the marketer. You will explore the marketing environment, customer behaviour in the digital age, market research and the marketing planning process. This will include the marketing mix and a tactical planning framework to aid marketing effectiveness. Please note the Applied Marketing module is the mandatory module for both qualifications at level 4.
Unit 1: The Marketing Concept – Understand the contribution of marketing to the organisation.– Know what influences customer behaviour across a range of contexts.
Unit 2: Analysis and Insight – Understand the factors and trends in the marketing environment and how they affect marketing.– Know a range of options for gathering relevant marketing information.
Unit 3: Marketing Mix – Understand the application of the marketing mix within the different marketing contexts.– Know how to apply and adapt the marketing mix to satisfy customer needs and business goals.
Completion of this unit gives you an Award – one of the three needed to complete the full Level 4 Professional Certificate in Digital Marketing. You may complete the remaining units to complete your qualification. Following that, and with some practical experience, you could progress to the Level 6 Diploma in Professional Digital Marketing
Is it for me?
Our level 4 qualifications are for those aspiring professional marketers who wish to gain knowledge and skills to succeed and progress within a career in marketing. Some typical job titles of those who study our level 4 qualifications include Marketing Executive, Marketing Officer, Marketing Communications Executive and Communications Specialist.
Are there any additional costs?
CIM membership is £65 for affiliated student membership and then it is £150 for each assessment. These fees are set by CIM and are subject to change.
How will my progress be monitored?
You will see your tutors every week face to face on campus or remotely using our TEAMS platform. There will be regular 1:1 opportunity for feedback and tutorial support.
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed during an examination which will comprise of multiple-choice questions to be completed in a controlled assessment.
How much will I have to study each week?
You should make sure that you allow yourself several additional hours per week to study on your own outside class – more as you approach your examination
Are there any entry requirements?
One or more of the following is required to gain entry onto this qualification:
- CIM Level 3 Introductory Certificate in Marketing qualification or CIM Level 3 Foundation Certificate in Marketing or CIM Level 3 Foundation Certificate in Professional Marketing or CIM Level 3 Foundation Certificate in Professional Digital Marketing.
- Any relevant Level 3 qualification.
- Any UK Degree or International equivalent.
- International Baccalaureate (equivalent to NQF Level 3 and above).
- Professional practice (suggested one year in a marketing role) and diagnostic assessment onto Level 4.
- If English is not your first language, you will also need to provide evidence of achieving one of the following English Language qualifications within the last two years: IELTS Academic Module with overall score of 6.5 (each component pass mark must be 6.0 or above) or Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English grade B or above.
- Get a unique opportunity to blend practical skills and academic understanding.
- Improve your global competitive advantage, increase your confidence and employability.
- Keep up with the latest trends and stay ahead in your field.
- Invaluable opportunity to network with other marketers.
- CIM qualifications are recognised by businesses all over the world.