Microsoft Cloud Computing
SCIoT Short Course: Microsoft Cloud Computing
Cloud computing is the delivery of services to offer faster, innovative, flexible resources and economies of scale. Topics will include servers, storage, databases, networking, software, analytics and intelligence.
What will I do?
Cloud computing is the delivery of services to offer faster, innovative, flexible resources and economies of scale. Topics will include servers, storage, databases, networking, software, analytics and intelligence. The following incentives and benefits apply for all students:
- Globally recognised and industry-endorsed Microsoft Certification
- Students successfully passing 2 exams will receive £50 Amazon voucher
- Students successfully passing 3 exams will receive £100 Amazon voucher
- Microsoft exam fees paid
- No tuition and/or support fees
You can progress towards additional Microsoft qualifications to improve your understanding with industry recognised qualifications. This course may lead to careers in the following areas:
- Software Engineer
- System Engineer
- Security Administrator
- Database Administrator
Is it for me?
You need to have an interest in Microsoft cloud solutions and desire to implement change within your organisation.
Are there any entry requirements?
You must be aged 19+ and employed.
You need to be employed to access this course. You can discuss further career opportunities with our Digital Coach following successful completion of the respective programme.
We work with Microsoft to deliver these qualifications and cover the following areas:
- Understanding the types of Cloud Computing solutions available
- Understand the hardware and software components required for implementation of a cloud computing model
- Identify how computing resources and IT services can provide scalable solutions
- Identify the risks involved in cloud computing and how to mitigate those risks
HOW MUCH WILL I HAVE TO STUDY EACH WEEK?
- A minimum of 5-6 study hours per week will be required to complete the course within 6 weeks.
- Individual students working in the IT industry may have enhanced subject knowledge and we can arrange for their exam to take place within 2-3 weeks.
HOW WILL MY PROGRESS BE MONITORED?
You will be allocated to a specialist Digital Coach to review progress.
You will complete the modular Learning Paths to assess your performance.
You will attempt the Pre-Assessment activity online via MeasureUp (Microsoft’s official practice test website) to ensure you are ready to take the final exam.
All assessments will take place online with the final exam being monitored by a member of staff.
Keep up to date
Sign up for our mailing list to keep up to date with the South Central Institute of Technology; from open events to the latest Digital Technology courses. Or if you have more questions and would like to get in touch with someone, fill in our call back form and someone will be in touch.
Request a call back
FUNDING YOUR HE STUDY
Find out how you can fund your studies as an undergraduate student at MK College.
Why study an undergraduate qualification at MK College?
There are many benefits to studying an undergraduate course with us at Milton Keynes College. Read on to find out exactly what they are.
Getting back into education: the start of a new chapter
Jake documents his experience as an adult getting back into education, as he enrols onto the 2-year HNC in Computing course part-time.