Access to Higher Education Teacher Training | Level 3 Diploma

Access to Higher Education – Teacher Education

Home > Courses > Access to Higher Education > Teacher Education – Access to HE Diploma


Access to Higher Education courses are designed to help you if you left school without formal qualifications, such as A-Levels. It’s the ideal way to academically prepare and get the right qualifications to progress to study at degree level, either at university.

The Access to Higher Education – Teacher Training is developed in conjunction with Two Mile Ash Initial Teacher Training Partnership. This pathway offers a hybrid approach to study, meaning that most of your learning will be completed online. You will also be required to attend a mandatory workshop, at the college or another local venue, once a month.

What will I do?

This is a level 3 course delivered over 12 months. This course is for students aged 18 when the course begins who wish to progress onto Higher Education.

International students who are applying for Access courses in order to enter the Teaching and Education professions should be aware that they are required to meet specific three-year residency criteria to be able to progress to Higher Education courses.

You will study 7 main subjects including;

  • Biology
  • Physics
  • Chemistry
  • Psychology
  • Education
  • History
  • Math
  • Study Skills

Over the course of the programme you will complete 19 modules.

What’s next?

The Access to Higher Education – Teacher Training is ideal if you wish to study at degree level at University. We are running the programme to link in with the Two Mile Ash Initial Teacher Training Partnership BA (Hons) Primary and Early Years Education With QTS. This is a school-based, three-year undergraduate course leading to Qualified Teacher Status. This course allows you to specialise in age phases 3-7 or 5-11 years.

Is it for me?

Each of the Pathways on offer allows you the opportunity to specialise in a particular field and progress into higher education study. For example, by gaining an Access to Higher Education Diploma (Teacher Education), you could go on to study for a degree. Please note, the Access to Higher Education Diploma will give you the opportunity to apply to a wide range of university courses and it is vital that you check all the required entry qualifications for your chosen degree course programme.

Course Information

  1. Teacher Education – Access to HE Diploma



    17 Sep 2024


    24 Jul 2025


    10 Months




    17:30 – 21:30


    South Central IoT – Bletchley

    • FEES

    • 19 – 23


    • 24+


    • Overseas


Entry Requirements

You are required to hold a GCSE English and a GCSE maths qualification @ grade 4/C or above to join this course. Entry will be dependent upon a review of previous qualifications in addition to a literacy and numeracy assessment undertaken at interview. You will also be required to complete a pre course questionnaire.


Assessment is continuous and you will be required to submit a portfolio of coursework for each unit by the end of the course. We use a range of as Assessment is continuous, and you will be required to submit an assignment for each module (approximately 19 assignments in total). Most of your assignments will be either essays or reports, you will also complete some presentations and exam assessments.


Your feedback will written, this will be robust and give clear guidance for success and possible improvements. We are also able to offer verbal feedback and guidance via telephone or teams. Your teacher will contact you to arrange such meetings.


You are required to complete approximately 17 hours of study each week. This will include online learning, online teaching sessions with a lecturer, and independent study. As most of your work is completed online you must be an organised and independent individual


You will need access to a laptop/desktop & camera and wifi. The majority of your work will be completed electronically. You will have access to a broad selection of online resources including text books, journals, encyclopaedias etc. when you are enrolled onto the course. You must keep an electronic folder of you work.

How can I pay for my course?

There are a variety of ways in which you can get help with fees and funding while studying. Get advice on applying for funding and assessing your eligibility for financial aid here.

This course attracts funding for eligible students, so please check with the admissions team about your own circumstances. 

What’s On