Access to Higher Education Diploma (Business)
- A one-year qualification that enables the successful student to progress onto University
- Sessions taught by subject experts & specialists in post-16 teaching, with vocational and professional experience
- Well-resourced teaching environments and facilities for research
- A range of educational visits and guest speakers to enhance your learning
- First-rate support with student finance, the UCAS university admissions process and individual learning needs
- Excellent success rates and progression straight into Higher Education
Moham recently received his Diploma in Access to HE in Business:
“I’m currently studying a business HND at De Montfort University. I got accepted because of the Access to Business course at MK College due to the amazing guidance and support I received from the staff. I enjoyed this course a lot, it wasn’t stressful and everything was well planned out.”
What will I do?
You will study a variety of units under separate modules, including:
- Business Communication
- Business Management Accounting
- Consumer Protection Law and Business Implications
- Developing a Business Plan
- Marketing Principles and Implications for Business
- Setting Up a New Small Business
- The Nature and Context of Business
- Introduction to Microeconomics
- Business Recruitment and Retention
- Financial Planning in Business
You will also study:
- Further skills
- Communicating through speaking and listening
- Reading and writing skills
- Application of numbers using calculation
- Application of numbers using data interpretation
If you don’t have any formal qualifications but are looking to go to University, this course is specifically tailored towards you. As well as the course content, you will learn certain academic skills that are essential at University level, including Harvard referencing and essay writing.
By successfully completing a relevant Pathway you will find that many universities will welcome you to further your higher education by means of a degree course.
Is it for me?
Each of the pathways on offer allows you the opportunity to specialise in a particular field and progress into higher education study. For example, by gaining an Access to Higher Education Diploma (Business Studies), you could then go on to study for a degree in Economics, Marketing, Business and more.
Please note, the Access to Higher Education Diploma will give you the opportunity to apply to a wide range of University courses and it is vital that you check all of the required entry qualifications for your chosen degree course programme.
Ideally, you will require a Level 2 English and a Level 2 Maths qualification to join one of our Access to Higher Education Diploma course programmes. Entry will be dependent upon a review of previous qualifications in addition to a literacy and numeracy assessment undertaken at interview.
HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
Assessment is continuous and you will be required to submit a portfolio of coursework for each unit by the end of the course. We use a range of assessment methods, including class exercises, formal written assignments and tutor records of performance during class discussions and presentations. There will be some end of unit examinations.
HOW WILL MY PROGRESS BE MONITORED?
Your progress is regularly monitored through 1:1 tutorials and assessment of class work and homework. You will have a Personal Tutor who will support you with your studies.
HOW MUCH WILL I HAVE TO STUDY EACH WEEK?
Students will have 10.5 hours in face to face lessons and there is the expectation that 8 to 10 hours private study for the development of course work.
DO I NEED TO PURCHASE ANYTHING?
You will need to have access to IT equipment.
Our staff are subject specialists and specialists in post-16 teaching. Many also have vocational experience in relevant fields
Visits and speakers to enhance your learning
Excellent support with the UCAS university admissions process
The opportunity to learn in an adult environment and take advantage of the wide range of social and leisure activities only available through the College.